Statewide leaders on aging kick-off opening day at PCA Regional Conference on Aging
Distinguished speakers and national leaders in aging highlighted the first session of the PCA Regional Conference on Aging’s “Panel of Pundits” and joined PCA President and CEO Najja R. Orr, MBA, DBA (far right), on Sept. 20 included (left to right):
- Robert “Bob” Blancato is the Executive Director of the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Programs. He is also President of Matz, Blancato and Associates, the National Coordinator of the bipartisan 3000-member Elder Justice Coalition, and the National Coordinator of the Defeat Malnutrition Today coalition.
- Nora Dowd-Eisenhower is Executive Director for the Mayor’s Commission on Aging (MCOA). She also served as the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Aging from 2003-2009.
- Teresa Osborne is currently the Manager of Advocacy and Outreach for AARP Pennsylvania. She also served as Pennsylvania’s 10th Secretary of Aging from 2015-2018.
- Secretary Robert Torres is the current PA Secretary of Aging.
- Brian Duke, MBE, MHA is System Director, Senior Services at Main Line Health. Prior to this he served as Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Aging.
The Panel discussed a variety of critical aging issues that impact the lives of older and other-abled adults such a governmental policy changes, health disparities in the wake of COVID-19 and emerging ideas that show promise for improving the lives of older adults going forward.
It’s not too late to participate and earn free CEUs as the PCA Regional Conference on Aging courses continue through Friday, September 23, 2022. Registration is still open online here and in person at our building, 642 N. Broad St, just before the start of sessions on Thursday, September 22, 2022, and Friday, September 23, 2022. Parking is free but limited. Masks must be worn. We hope to see you there!
Media Inquiries: William Conallen, 267-322-0522 or William.Conallen@pcacares.org