PCA touches the lives of more than 100,000 people every year – enriching lives and preserving their dignity by helping them to live as independently as possible. Each gift helps to support PCA’s mission of improving the quality of life of Philadelphians who are older or who have disabilities and assisting them in achieving their optimum levels of health, independence and productivity.
On average, it costs PCA:
- $7,000 to install a first-floor bathroom, enabling a frail elder to remain in their home.
- $700 to arrange for a senior to have a personal care aide for a month.
- $400 for a year of activities at a senior community center to help avoid isolation.
- $155 to provide nutritious, home-delivered meals for one month.
- $50 for six round trips on a CCT van so a senior can get to medical appointments and do essential shopping.
Highlights of PCA’s accomplishments during the past year:
- Provided 850,000 home-delivered meals
- Fielded more than 100,000 requests for information through our Helpline and website
- Provided more than 21,000 frail seniors with in-home care
- Helped more than 20,000 older adults stay healthy, engaged, and connected through senior community centers
- Offered information in 30 different languages
The Philadelphia Fund for Seniors is supported through individual, foundation and corporate donations. This generous support allows PCA to provide more services to more seniors.
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging has been recognized as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The official registration and financial information of Philadelphia Corporation for Aging may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.