|Joining the Volunteer Program at CTCA is a commitment to service. Volunteer activities cover the spectrum from direct contact with patients to traditional services that operate behind the scenes. Volunteer assignments may exist in clinical and non-clinical areas of the hospital, including:
* Nursing Units
* Administrative Offices
* Guest Services
* Information Desk
* Business Services
* Free Parking
* Special awards based on hours of service
* A complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria during every shift
* Free attendance at hospital-sponsored educational workshops
* Invitations to celebratory events that recognize employees and volunteers
* Wonderful feelings of contribution and service
* Be at least 18 years of age to participate in the Adult Program, at least 16 years of age to join the High School Program.
* Complete the application process, including background check, reference checks and drug screening.
* Submit an immunization record for measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox.
* Submit results of a PPD test for tuberculosis that was administered within three months prior to the volunteer's start date.
* Commit to at least 100 hours of volunteer service within a 12 month period.
* Interview with Volunteer Services and individual departments.
* Attend a new hire orientation program
* Undergo specific departmental and hospital training.
* Conform to a dress code.
* Be punctual and meet attendance requirements
Volunteers Services: 215-537-7942
Apply online at www.cancercenter.com